Software Release Manager.
The Implementation and Release Manager is a leadership role with overall responsibility and accountability for our technology's successful deployment to our clients.
This is a new position within the company and is an outstanding opportunity for somebody interested in building a new software implementation and release system from the ground up. This is a leadership position that will be critical to our continued scale and growth.
- Overall ownership of the software release cycle
- Management of the product release cycle to new and existing clients, including the build release process
- The interface between the Product Team and the Client Services Team including maintaining multi-client deployment schedules
- Intake, prioritization, and planning of client’s new feature requests
- Support the end-to-end process for production issue resolution, including intake, classification, testing, and resolution of product defects
- Support client upgrades, conversions, and new version deployments, including client communication and execution
- Plan, facilitate, and participate in systems and platform upgrades, service, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensuring proper documentation for clients and internal teams is developed and maintained.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Must have software product experience
- A minimum of three years of management experience within a technical and operational role building and deploying software products
- A minimum of five years of experience in implementing and supporting systems, platforms, and physical layer systems in mission-critical production operational environments.
- Experience with B2B IT software platforms including asset management, enterprise resource management, work order management, and/or GIS and mapping systems
- Experience supporting large applications in the AWS cloud
- Experience with mobile application platforms
- Experience with SSO/SAML configuration
- Passion for solving big and important problems and a desire to focus on things that matter
- The bold, growth-focused mindset with a bias for action.
- Do-whatever-it-takes attitude to client success
- Ability to assess competing priorities to maximize value and minimize risk
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and effectively communicate complex topics
- Learners mindset with the desire to openly share mistakes and continuously improve
- Extreme attention to detail