Software Quality Assurance Manager.
We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) to ensure the outgoing software and technical products meet and exceed quality standards. The QA Manager will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, developers, and the QA support team to develop, implement, and execute testing programs that improve the quality and reliability of our products. While this role is team-based, a successful QA Manager will be self-directed and will take ownership of the overall quality of our product.
The QA Manager should have a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for problem-solving.
The QA Manager must have strong end-user empathy and a willingness to perform testing “in the trenches.”
- Maintain full ownership of QA testing procedures, practices, and documentation across platform and products
- Defines and optimizes existing workflow within the QA team for resolving issues efficiently while promoting high visibility of status
- Create company standard testing protocols and procedures for testing against existing and upcoming mobile operating systems versions (Android, iOS, Windows), web browsers, and mobile device hardware, and supported external devices (barcode scanners, GPS receivers)
- Work with operations, product management, and development teams to define the overall priority of issues, and grooms backlog of the known problems regularly
- Schedule, track, and ensure the successful execution of test plans for new product releases, individual features, and priority issues
- Maintain product documentation for both internal and client use
- Two years demonstrated experience performing software testing and QA/QC in a leadership or management position
- Five years of overall experience in software testing
- Experience with software and testing management tools like Jira and TestRail
- Expertise in development of test scenarios and test scripts
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement
- Experience managing or working with distributed teams
- Experience with end-to-end integration testing
- Experience in API testing (REST APIs)
- Hands-on experience with integrated hardware-software
- Passion and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude towards improving quality
- Resourceful with the ability to craft testing programs to meet unique product and customer requirements
- A flexible and adaptive learner that grows with the company
- Good judgment and analytical thinking with the ability to reduce complex problems into executable tasks