The Project Manager is the primary point of contact with our clients and is responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects. They ensure project scope is defined, create and maintain statements of work and other project documents, hold status meetings, and provide general direction to all members of the project team. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the project goals are successfully completed, and client needs are met, within a defined timeline and budget.
- Assist during the contracting phase to create a Statement of Work that defines the required software functionality and project budget
- Create a Project Plan that solidifies the project deliverables, scope, and timeline
- Facilitate on-site client requirement gathering sessions post-contract to define in detail all required features and functionality
- Manage software configuration and testing teams to ensure the technical solution meets client requirements and aligns with the approved Functional Design Document
- Manage a team of deployment and training specialists to support the production release of the configured solution
- Support long-term client success by, holding routine client check-in, support the investigation and resolution of bugs or issues encountered in the production environment, and define future technology road maps to support ongoing feature and functionality improvements
Project Managers work directly with the client as the contract is defined to assist in the creation of a Statement of Work. The SOW contains required software functionality, presents a high level software implementation and end-user training plan, and defines the project budget.
After a contract has been signed but before implementation begins, the Project Manager is responsible for leading a team of specialists to assess all client requirements in detail. These requirements are assembled into a Functional Design Document which solidifies the project deliverables, scope, and timeline.
Manage Software Configuration & Testing
After the requirements gathering phase is complete, the Project Manager is responsible for managing a team of configuration specialists to configure mobile, web, and data integration tools to meet client requirements.
The Project Manager facilitates several rounds of client User Acceptance Testing to ensure the software and services have been delivered as defined in the Functional Design Document. If any issues are found, it is the responsibility of the Project Manager to oversee their investigation and resolution.
End-User Training & Deployment
The Project Manager leads a team of deployment and training specialists who are responsible for defining training and support plans. Following successful completion of User Acceptance Testing, the Project Manager oversees the deployment team as they train end users and move the project into the production phase
Following a successful production roll-out the Project Manager acts as the primary client point of contact to support long-term client success. Primary ongoing responsibilities include facilitating routine client check-ins, owning the resolution of bugs and issues impacting the production environment and supporting future functionality additions and improvements.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience leading enterprise software implementation projects, preferably at a company with a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially conveying complex topics in an understandable manner
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels from end-users to executives
- Extremely well organized
- Ability to handle high pressure projects and balance competing priorities
- Ability to break down complex projects into tasks and milestones
- Passion and do-whatever-it-takes attitude for customer success
- Proven interpersonal and situational leadership skills
- PMP certification
- Experience with utility companies, the energy industry, or construction related fields
- Experience with natural gas and electric infrastructure
- Experience helping organizations transition from paper-based processes to digital workflows