GIS Integration Engineer.
Who We Are:
LocusView is a fast-growing startup developing and deploying next-generation software for built infrastructure industries, including utilities and pipelines. Our software is used to automate the collection of all construction-related data, including as-builts and material traceability records. We combine mobile applications with IoT and sensors to automate the collection and validation of infrastructure data in real-time.
Our clients include Fortune 500 utility companies with decades of legacy processes waiting to be transformed. Our products are leading the way in an industry at the beginning of their digital revolution.
LocusView is a fast-paced company where we offer a relaxed yet stimulating work environment where employees have the opportunity to use their creativity and innovation daily. We are building a world-class product and deployment team that is passionate about developing and delivering practical, industrial-scale solutions. We believe in our people, and we provide the resources and opportunities for them to explore and grow.
The GIS Integration Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and ownership of ETL applications that provide integration services from the LocusView system to client systems such as GIS and ERP.
- Design, develop and test new features for a Python-based ETL application that provides integration services to clients GIS systems
- Work with product manager to design, estimate, prioritize new features and set timelines for releases
- Work with the API development team on new features to support ETL applications
- Lead and mentor a small development team
- Guide junior engineers in design and implementation of new features
- Maintain and retire legacy integration tools and transition clients to new tools
- Create proofs of concept to demonstrate specific features and requirements
- Aid in the creation of testing protocols
- Evaluate and improve current processes for version control, release and testing
Required Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field
- 5-10 years software development experience
- Experience with GIS systems such as Esri, Smallworld, and Post GIS
- Experience developing large Python applications
- Experience with data integration and/or data engineering
- Experience with Version Control technologies (such as Git)
- Some experience with automated testing and unit test
- Some experience working with RESTful APIs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading small development teams
- Experience with geospatial technologies (e.g spatial extensions for databases, such as PostGIS)
- Experience using ETL software or data manipulation tools (e.g. Talend or pandas)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Competitive pay and benefits including: 3.5% 401k matching & 80% healthcare coverage
- Employee stock option plan
- Casual work environment