Technical Solutions Engineer.
The Technical Solution Engineer (TSE) is the owner of all technical client-facing interactions and deliverables in the Locusview client project team. Working closely with the Product & Development teams, the TSE has primary responsibility for gathering requirements, designing, process mapping, configuring, supporting existing IT system integrations, and managing client-specific end-to-end technical solutions that meet client requirements. Strong attention to detail & conceptual understanding of how LVS technology provides value, creative problem solving, and ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously are essential skills for this position.
When it comes to technology, the ideal TSE candidate will become a resident jack of all trades. The TSE will serve on the frontline for technical items and know when & how to engage other team members. You may not always know all the answers, but you’ll know where to find them.
- Lead and document all client technical requirements
- Design, create, and manage client-specific end-to-end technical solutions to meet client requirements, including configuring mobile, web, export, and report applications or services
- Analyze and improve as-is/to-be client business processes and workflows for new technology implementation
- Develop process maps for as-is and to-be states
- Compile client deliverables, including requirements gathering summary, functional design document, and user acceptance testing document.
- Test configurations for mobile, web, export, and report applications or services
- Write client release documentation
- Create and maintain all back-end reference documents
- Log product bugs and enhancements
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years demonstrated experience implementing complex technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (IT, engineering, GIS)
- Solid understanding of databases, data flows, and networking concepts
- Comfortable leveraging technology tools to work efficiently
- Highly-motivated with the ability to work and learn independently
- Experience providing services in a consultant or product role
- Experience leading technical projects
- Experience with product development lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful with a willingness to find creative solutions to complex problems and a bias towards action
- Good judgement with the ability to work together with clients to craft optimal solutions
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Continuous learner to grow with the company and our clients
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience implementing mobile, web, data export, or GIS technologies with clients
- Experience working with data-driven and integration solutions
- Experience with enterprise work & asset management software products (SAP, Maximo, Asset Suite)
- Experience with GIS software products (Esri, ArcFM, GE Smallworld)
- Experience managing software product development
- Experience creating & writing workflow and business process white-papers
- Experience with high-accuracy field data collection, including GPS and RTK
Don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t have experience with the above specific technologies.