Locusview is seeking a highly motivated individual to support our growing internal and external documentation needs. The Documentation Specialist will develop and/or maintain documentation of business processes, systems operations, product development, and other technical processes under the direction of the Product Messaging Manager. They will research, review and collect available technical information as needed for documentation development. The Documentation Specialist will create new documentation or update existing documentation to accurately reflect changes to Locusview products and processes.
- Work closely with the Product Messaging Manager to create, distribute, collect, store, and maintain documentation.
- Recommend improvements to the documentation process, including identifying best practices.
- Revise outdated documents and ensure that all staff is using the correct version.
- Proofreading documents upon request.
- Meet all related release and documentation deadlines.
- Experience in communicating technical details to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with software and documentation.
- Experience with Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator preferred.
- Ability to translate technical language into general end-user documentation.
- Ability to comprehend, assimilate and document numerous software applications, hardware functionality, and software/hardware integration independently
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple business units.
- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications or a related field or equivalent work experience.