As a sales engineer at Locusview you will work closely with the regional General Manager to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients. You will combine your strong technical, sales and interpersonal skills to ensure Locusview and our clients needs are met. You will be comfortable liaising across all tiers of a business and be responsible for gathering technical requirements, proposing solutions to problems and delivering demonstrations of the Locusview service.
Partnering with the regional General Manager you will collaboratively execute a targeted sales plan, and establish a network of leads and opportunities whilst building relationships with key contacts across the utility sector.
As a Sales Engineer you'll:
- Partner with the General Manager to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles including performing pre-meeting research on companies and people, preparing presentation materials, and performing demos
- Work together with clients to create a shared vision for how Locusview technology can be deployed to create value, increase efficiency, and reduce risk.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Gain customer acceptance and understanding of the Locusview service by providing meaningful demonstrations of the Locusview service, with a “do whatever it takes” attitude..
- Develop customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- Contribute to long term business growth by identifying short-term and long-range opportunities and issues.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage and Organize the RFP process
- Lead the Functional and Technical requirements response
- Develop and maintain deep industry specific knowledge in existing and new verticals
- Support our Marketing and Product departments.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience), complemented by ongoing professional/technical development, especially an understanding of implementation of cloud based (SaaS) services. Knowledge or experience working with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar/equivalent role, preferably within utilities (energy sector would be an advantage).
- A demonstrated ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding and become conversant on the technology
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels of an organisation, and link client needs to the technology solution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, complemented by an articulate, confident and self-aware character.
- Pending current COVID restrictions, domestic and international travel will be required, often at short notice and potentially over weekends.