We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing accounting team. This position is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports, journal entries and maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts. The role will also provide a record of assets and liabilities, issuing accurate financial statements, including developing, implementing, and maintaining current accounting practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end accounting tasks, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate accrual accounting and compliance with GAAP.
- Responsible for maintaining fixed asset records and reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly inventory count and responsible for maintaining inventory balances and valuations.
- Prepare inventory analysis and provide recommendations for savings and improvements.
- Fixed asset reconciliation between FA system and lease billing system
- Project accounting allocation through journal entries and invoice coding by client project and product.
- Assist with tax compliance, including sales, franchise, and corporate income tax preparation.
- Assist with the annual audit preparing work papers, and providing additional information as necessary.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed to assist management in the decision-making process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance, or relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements and make recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with problem-solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with NetSuite.